Since the beginning of the internet, blogs have become a popular way to express yourself and share ideas. There are many different types of blogs, including personal blogs, business blogs, social media blogs, etc. Blogging has quickly become one of the most famous ways to communicate since it is virtually free and even easier to maintain than an actual website.
There are many either paid or free blogging platforms available for those looking to start a blog. However, it can be tricky to find the right one as each one has its pros and cons. This article will discuss some of the most popular and free blogging sites and how they can be used.
What Are Free Blogging Sites?
The free blogging platforms are online spaces where you don’t have to pay any fee to host your blog. Free blogging sites are a good, cheap option for those who don’t want to pay for a website. There are many different types of free blogging sites that offer different packages. Some offer paid upgrades that give more functionality than others.
How To Choose The Best Free Blogging Platform
Setting up a blog can be a time-consuming process. When you want to start blogging quickly, free blog hosting services allow you to create your blog with little or no setup needed! You can also save money by not having to pay for premium features from other blogging providers. Here are some tips that you need to keep in mind before choosing one best free blogging site among many.
Ease of use
When you’re a newbie, you’ll want a platform that is easy to set up, doesn’t require any coding skills and is easy to learn.
It is essential to optimize your content for search in order to drive traffic to your blog. For this, you need to choose one which has great SEO features.
Themes And Templates
Designing a layout for your blog might be time-consuming and stressful if you are a beginner in this field or you do not have any technical and coding skills. So before you choose the best platform to start your blogging career, you must choose one which provides you with ready-made blog templates.
What is your ultimate goal with blogging? Making money! Right? Most people start blogging to make money online rather than spreading their knowledge for free. There are only a few who run blogs only to share their knowledge. So, if you have a plan to make a decent income through blogging, you have to choose a platform that enables you to monetize your blog.
Additionally, you should look at whether the platform you have chosen will allow you to scale up your blog and add more features as your business grows. Before you choose any of the free blogging sites, be sure to choose one, which will allow you to add more features if you want to expand your blog in the future.
Best Free Blogging Sites In 2023
What are the Best Free Blogging Sites? There are plenty of blog sites to choose from. However, all of them differ in their features, design, user interface, and other important factors that you should consider before choosing one for your needs. Once you know what you need and do some research on each prospective site, choosing the best blog site will not be too difficult. To make it easier, I have listed here, Top 11 best free blogging platforms, you can choose from to start your career as a blogger.
WordPress is a free blogging platform that allows you to create a blog without having to spend a single penny. It is the most popular platform worldwide and is supported by over 30 million active installations.
WordPress offers one of the best free blogging sites with no hosting fees and requires no coding skills. WordPress is a flexible and free open-source website for publishing content. It is one of the most popular website-building tools on the Internet and can be used by people of all ages and skill levels, from beginners to experts.
WordPress Key Features
- Custom Domain: For a paid plan, they provide a free custom domain for the first year.
- Social Media Integration: It will help to share each new post on your social media accounts automatically. To use this feature, Users must connect and verify their social media account on its dashboard.
- WooCommerce: The best platform to run your e-commerce business.
- SEO Tools: Using various free SEO plugins, one can optimize their on-page very quickly and easily.
- Responsive: Sites built on WordPress are compatible with almost every device.
- Themes and Plugins: Using their pre-built themes and plugins, it’s possible to design professional-looking blogs or business websites without having more technical knowledge.
How much does it cost to have a WordPress Blog?
WordPress is a free blogging platform, though it provides paid plans with multiple features. When you are just starting your blogging career, you may start with their free plan. As a beginner, you will get more than enough features on its free plan. As your blog or business grows then you may consider the premium features and you can shift to paid. WordPress has four different pricing plans, and every plan has different features.
|Personal (Best for Personal Blog)
|Premium (Best For Freelancers)
|Business (Best For Small Businesses)
|eCommerce (Best For Online Store)
How to monetize a WordPress blog?
A free WordPress site can be monetized through affiliate links, sponsored posts, and newsletter/email offers. If you want to monetize your site with ad networks, you need to have a custom domain name and own hosting.
Blogger is a free blogging site that offers many features to the user. Blogger has been around since 1999 and was one of the first popular blog sites on the internet. The site hosts millions of blogs, all across various topics.
It is a platform that offers all the tools necessary for someone to create and maintain a blog with ease. Through this free blogging platform, one can create an awesome blog with only a few clicks. If you are joining this platform for the first time, you will be guided through the steps to creating an account and setting up your blog.
Blogger Key Features
- Free: The best part of blogger.com is, it’s a 100% free blogging site.
- Custom Domain: It allows you to use a custom domain name.
- Monetization: Can monetize your blog with an ad network even if the blog is running under a free subdomain (.blogspot.com).
- Responsive: Sites made with bloggers are responsive with all devices.
- Speed: Compared with other major free blogging sites, Blogger provides the fastest loading speed, which is one of the critical aspects of SEO.
- Customization: Customizing a Blogger blog is super easy. If you have only basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, you can give professional looks to your blog and add features on your own. To make it easier, You can choose from free pre-built templates or buy premium templates as per your choice and requirements.
- Migration: Migration to the WordPress site is easy.
How much does blogger cost?
Blogger is a completely free blogging site managed by Google. You get a free Blogspot subdomain and free hosting for your blog. There are no upgrades and fees as on other free blogging sites. It also allows linking custom domain names as well as monetization with ad networks. So, this can be a great alternative if you are launching your first blog.
How to monetize a blogger blog?
There are various ways to monetize your blogger blog; one of the best monetizing methods is through an ad network. Other methods include affiliate marketing, accepting donations, selling services, publishing sponsored content etc.
Medium, The global free blogging site, has been booming in recent years. It is a basic, easy-to-use website that allows users to blog about anything they want. As in sites like Blogger or WordPress which also provide free blogging platforms, Medium does not charge for their services. They are focused on helping readers find the best content out there through an algorithm that highlights posts based on popularity and recency.
If you’re thinking about starting a blog, but don’t want to put in the time and energy to start from scratch, Medium is worth checking out. As in Blogger, Tumblr or WordPress, on Medium you can publish content with no prior experience or technical knowledge; it’s as easy as logging in and publishing your new blog post.
Medium Key Features
- Domain authority: It has a very good domain authority score. From an SEO perspective, having a high domain authority means having a high chance of appearing on top of the SERP results.
- Free app: Users can access Medium easily from their smartphones. Whether you are posting your stories or reading others, Medium’s mobile application has made it more flexible.
- Social media integration: Share your content easily on all major social media platforms.
- Audience: You will have millions of readers on your palms.
- Monetization: Easily monetize your medium blog with their partner program.
- Tags: Writer/Blogger can easily spread their content to the targeted audiences using tags.
- Backup and Migration: Users can backup and export their data in HTML format.
How much does it cost to have a Medium Blog?
Free members on Medium can share only 3 articles per month, while if you get its premium membership, which costs only $5/month, you can get access to unlimited sharing. Also if you pay for a whole year, you can get $10 off. Payment can be made through either a credit card or PayPal.
How to monetize Medium Blog?
Monetizing a Medium blog is easy. You just need to apply for their partner program. Once you have met the eligibility criteria, you will be accepted for monetizing your blog and earn every time people spend time on your article/story. Before you apply, you must have at least 100 followers.
Tumblr is another free blogging site that was created in 2007 by David Karp. Tumblr is now considered one of the top 100 most visited websites on the internet with over 500 million blogs, 5 billion posts, and 30 billion minutes spent on the site each month. While many use it as a personal blog to share thoughts and interests, others create pages for various topics like celebrities or fashion that are known as “fandoms”.
You can post photos, quotes, links, or anything else that comes to mind. Your posts will update in real-time so readers can always find out about new updates and authors who inspire them anytime and anywhere on their devices.
Tumblr Key Features
- Custom Domain: You can set up a custom domain name for any blog on your Tumblr account.
- Social Media Integration: Share your Tumblr blog post on all major social media platforms.
- Customization: Users can easily customize the user interface of the blog as per their requirements.
- Completely Free: Tumblr blog is completely free. You can set up a Tumblr blog right now without paying any cents.
- Publishing: Publish Tumblr blog from email or text messages from the phone.
How much does Tumblr Costs?
Tumblr is a completely free blogging site with over 450 million users. Simply sign up for a free account on Tumblr to start publishing your content.
How to monetize a Tumblr blog?
Tumblr blogs can be monetized in the same ways as we monetize blogs on other platforms. Whether you monetize your Tumblr blog through an ad network or through affiliate links, it’s your choice.
Weebly is a free blogging platform where anyone can sign up and share their story with the world. The idea behind Weebly is to provide a website for people to blog and share their ideas and stories without having to worry about the technical side of things. There are over 100,000 sites created on Weebly, including blogs for both personal use and business purposes. With such a diverse community, there’s something for everyone!
Bloggers everywhere are switching to Weebly for their blog start-ups because it’s so easy. With just a few clicks, you can set up your website with unique features like blogs, one-click publishing, and your own domain name. This user-friendly platform is perfect for those who want to get started quickly without the hassle of wasting time.
Weebly Key Features
- Drag and Drop Builder: Customize your blog easily with its powerful drag and drop builder.
- Third-party integration: Allows adding more functionalities with third-party applications.
- Powerful SEO Tool: Provides SEO features to rank higher.
- Free Templates: Use readymade templates to get your blog ready within a second.
- eCommerce Upgrade: Lets you upgrade to an eCommerce CMS.
How much does Weebly cost a year?
Weebly is also one of the popular free blogging sites. There are many limitations on their free plan, So if you are planning to upgrade your Weebly site, It is available in the following plans with multiple features.
|Connect – $5/month (When paid annually)
|Pro – $12/month (When paid annually)
|Business – $25/month (When paid annually)
|For Online Stores
|Pro – $12/month (When paid annually)
|Business – $25/month (When paid annually)
|Business Plus – $38/month (When paid annually)
How to make money with a Weebly blog?
As in other blogging sites, Weebly also provides the same monetizing features. You may start your affiliate business or start your own online store with Weebly sites. Also, you can monetize your Weebly blog through ad networks like Google Adsense and Ezoic.
Wix is another amazing free blogging site that has many of the same features and tools as other popular blogging platforms like WordPress. For those with less experience in web design, Wix offers pre-made templates that are perfect for personal blogs, small businesses, or anyone looking to create an online presence with minimal technical knowledge.
If you’re looking for a simple blog platform, Wix is there for you. They have an easy-to-use design that allows you to easily customize your blog’s look and feel. You can also take advantage of different templates that are available on their site. With the many free themes, there’s no need to write your own HTML code!
Wix Key Features
- Customize: Easily personalize the user interface according to your needs.
- SEO Features: Provides vast SEO features to rank your blog.
- Responsive: The user interface is responsive with all devices.
- Drag and Drop builder: Its drag and drop builder makes customizing more interesting and easier.
- Analytics: Track the overall performance of your site.
How Much Does Wix Costs?
Wix is also a free blogging site, though they have many limitations on their free plan. If you want to have more features on your Wix blog, They are available with the following pricing and plans:
|Connect Domain – $4.50/month
|Combo – $8.50/month
|Unlimited – $12.50/month
|VIP – $24.50/month
|Business & eCommerce Plans
|Business Basic – $17/month
|Business Unlimited – $25/month
|Business VIP – $35/month
How To Monetize Wix Blog?
Wix blog can be monetized through various ad networks. Along with this you can start your own online store or start selling sponsored articles on your blog. Also, you may try affiliate marketing, dropshipping or can sell your own consulting business using your Wix blog.
Linkedin is the leading free blogging platform for professionals. Linkedin offers you a place to tell your story and connect with people in your industry. It’s an excellent way for people to share their thoughts, ideas, and opinions on the world and on any subject they choose.
LinkedIn has steadily grown in popularity in the past few years, with many people looking to build professional connections. LinkedIn is now offering all users the chance to blog for free. This means that users can share content publicly or privately with others on their network. There are several benefits to using LinkedIn as a blogging site, such as the ability to reach more than 800 million members worldwide, plus easy social media integration.
LinkedIn Key Features
- Authority: Since it has a high page authority and domain authority, Blogging with LinkedIn helps promote yourself or your brand in a very short period of time.
- Audience: It has over 800 million users. So, You will have the potential to be visible to all of them.
- No-Setup needed: You just need to set up your linked profile and you are done. Posting a blog on LinkedIn is as easier as you posts tweets or Facebook status.
LinkedIn is a free social media platform along with its complete free blogging site for everyone.
How To Monetize LinkedIn Blog?
Linkedin blogs can be monetized in different ways, Some include affiliate sales, influencer marketing etc. Also, you can take your business to next level by spreading your brand awareness using a LinkedIn blog.
Ghost is a free blogging platform that looks very similar to the popular WordPress blog. It is completely open-source and built for speed. Also, it is easy to use, fast and has many of the same features as other blogging platforms. Ghost has been gaining popularity in recent months, but it still doesn’t have the same marketing power as WordPress and other free blogging sites. There are also fewer themes available for Ghost blogs than there are for other platforms.
Ghost enables you to create pages with their own templates, unlimited colours, and the ability to edit the code of each page so you can get creative. You get unlimited storage space for uploading images and your only limit is your imagination.
Joomla is an easy-to-use, free blogging site that offers a manageable way to manage your content. With this software you can set up pages with the choice of Joomla’s templates or template overrides for your favourite website design. You can also customize everything from menus, sidebars, and footers with ease.
It is also one of the most popular and powerful open source content management systems in the world with over 3 million users. You can start your blog on Joomla by creating a username and password, then logging into the website. The interface will guide you as you create an account and learn how to put your blog live.
Jimdo is a free blogging site that has the features of other popular blogging sites such as WordPress. Users can customize their blogs by designing templates in their own unique style. Jimdo lets you create a personalized site with just a few clicks and without any coding knowledge whatsoever. It has been reviewed by top internet influencers as being an excellent alternative to other website creation platforms such as WordPress, Wix, and Weebly.
It’s perfect for creating and maintaining a professional blog, without having to spend any money! With Jimdo, it’s possible for everyone to create their own blogs with minimal technical expertise; there are no upload limits, and page loading time also quite faster than competitors.
Yola is a free blogging site that offers a lot of customization and versatility. It allows you to write from scratch, upload from different sources, insert content from other sites, create blogs or websites, and manage your own social media. Free blogging platform Yola is the perfect place to build your website.
It’s easy for anyone with basic computer skills to set up their own blog on Yola, no programming or design experience is needed. Just enter your email address, and done! You have an active blog with all the necessary features in less than one minute.
Blogging has really taken off in popularity over the past decade, with many individuals creating blogs to share their thoughts, opinions, and experiences. The wide variety of blogging sites allows for anyone to have an account and post about anything they want. There are plenty of free blogging sites available today. To get started, choose one from the above list which fits the best for you.