This blog post has covered easy steps on how to transfer Microsoft edge favorites to another computer.
The Edge browser is a new way to surf the web. It’s faster and more secure than other browsers, and it has some unique features that make it stand out.
If you are an existing Edge user and are switching to your new PC, you’ll obviously want to take your bookmarks with you.
In this article, we’ll show you how to transfer your edge bookmarks from your old computer to the new one. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have all your bookmarks safely transferred in no time.
Now let’s get started.
How To Transfer Microsoft Edge Favorites to Another Computer
The process of transferring your Microsoft Edge favorites to another computer is relatively simple and straightforward. You can easily do this by either syncing data from the Microsoft account or exporting bookmarks to an HTML file and importing them to the new machine.
Transfer Edge bookmarks to another computer [Syncing method]
This is quite a simple process as this includes only signing in to your Microsoft account which you are using on your old machine.
- Launch Edge on your new computer
- Click on the profile icon beside the search bar
- Click on Sign in to sync data button
- Log in with your old Microsoft account
- Wait for a while and all the bookmarks from your old computer will be available on your new computer
Transfer Microsoft Edge Favorites to Another Computer Manually
This is done by exporting bookmarks from the old computer and importing them to the new one.
First, let’s export bookmarks from your old computer
- Open Edge browser on your old PC
- Click on the 3 dots (…) menu icon at the upper right corner and Click on Favorites or directly press Ctrl + Shift + O
- A list of favorites will appear then again click on the 3 dots menu at the upper right side of the Favourites tab
- Click on the Export favorites option
- Choose the location to store the exported file and click on the Save button
Exporting Microsoft edge bookmarks have been completed. Now send this HTML file to the new computer and get ready to import it.
Importing Bookmarks to the new computer
- After you have received the exported HTML file to your new computer, Launch the Edge browser
- Click on 3 dot menu > Favorites > 3 dots menu at the Favorites block and then click on import favorites
- Click on the Import browser data option
- Click on Choose what to import button
- From the import browser data menu, Choose the Favorites or bookmarks HTML file option
- Click on Choose file button
- Browse the HTML file and Click on Open
- Edge bookmarks have been successfully imported to the new computer
That’s all about how to transfer Microsoft edge favorites to another computer.
How to transfer safari bookmarks from one computer to another
How to transfer opera bookmarks from one computer to another
How to transfer brave bookmarks to a new computer
How to transfer firefox bookmarks to a new computer
How to transfer Chrome bookmarks from one computer to another